Do you have a personal or professional email address associated with your business?
Why you Need a Professional Email
When looking to work with clients you always want to put your best foot forward. Starting the conversation with your personal email sets a specific tone that you might not want.
Having a professional email sets the tone that you are a professional. You have done the leg work to establish a solid business foundation that is worth the price that you are asking your client to pay. A personal email address says that this is just a hobby.
That is not the message that you want to send your potential client, right?
A professional email also allows you to continue to showcase your branding to your client and is usually easier to recall for your clients.
Think about it would you trust a company that has their private Gmail account as their business email or do you want to know that you are dealing with a professional?
Why Most Businesses Do Not Have Professional Email
Most people want to have a professional email account but they are not familiar with how to set it up, they think that is very technically difficult, or that it costs a lot of money.
I am here to tell you that it is super easy and surprisingly not that expensive.
So now that we know it is affordable let’s get you set up!
Where to Setup a Professional Email
When it comes to setting up your professional email account there are many different ways you can do this but the easiest and most common way is to use the world’s most popular email service provider – Google Workspace.
Most people use Gmail as their personal email provider so making the switch to the business side is not going to require a lot of extra learning on your part. The interfaces are very similar if not identical in some places. I frequently switch between my personal email accounts and my business accounts within Google.
Google offers a free 14-day trial to get you started after the trial it will be $6.00 per email account that you establish. Yes, you heard me correctly. Once you set up your first account it is even easier to establish more accounts for your team!
Note: Your domain host can sometimes also offer you a professional email address so check there too! More and more of them are outsourcing this to Google Workspace though. But it is worth the check!
Setting up your Professional Email | Google Workspace
- Determine where your domain name is hosted. If you are in need of a host for your domain. For example, www.ashleighfoy.com is my domain. Google can offer that during this setup if needed.
- Go to workspace.google.com and select “Get Started”
- Follow the prompts to enter the required information such as your name, your current email address, and the number of accounts you will need
- Choose that you would like to use Google Workspace with “@Your-Company.com”
- Now is where you can enter your domain or ask Google to provide one.
Note: If you have a website you have a domain.
- Determine your user name (make the email you want to use) and then select your password.
- Follow the steps to securing your setup with your payment method
It really is that simple to get moving with a professional email address!
Don’t use Google – no worries! I am happy to help you get this set up. Just shoot me an email letting and we can get you moving with a professional email!